Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cabin fever


So, I realized that I have been reading other peoples' blogs for some time now, and I really enjoy it. I would even consider myself an avid blog reader, the type that feels disappointed when a blogger doesn't post a new blog at least once a week. I read the blogs of people I know well, but I am also currently obsessed with foodie blogs; and if it is a mommy foodie blog, even better.

I also realized that I have a lot of people on my e-mail list whom I love dearly, but don't have a lot of time to send regular e-mails to. So I was thinking this would be a good way for me to keep others updated on what the Ozsarac family is up to. We get up to quite a bit, which isn't hard considering that two of the four family members are just a month and a half shy of four years old.

What is happening with us? Ali and Omer are keeping us busy, so no rest for the wicked as the saying goes. We just got news of good friends in Manila who just had their first baby girl. We are so happy for them. Summer fun has been scheduled with the PEI cottage booked and ready to go for July. I have been able to read nearly two books in a week, which is a feat in my post-single-person world. Song of Solomon is even better the second time. Last night I lit three candles just to keep reading after the power went out. This is also notable because it has put an end to my autumnal obsession with watching TV series on our portable DVD player, whilst in bed. I knew I was in a bad place when I started watching The Golden Girls, for the second time. A school friend saved me from the depths of despair by loaning me an engaging book titled The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and I have been reading ever since. I am toying with the idea of joining a book group that meets once a month in Beyoglu, at a hip and cool place called Lokal where Koray and I try to frequent when we are bebek siz (no A and O), a place we used to frequent when we thought we were hip and cool. I just need to pick up a copy of the book and get over my fear of driving into the city alone on a week day. The bookstore is on tomorrow's "to do" list, just after the grocery store. Exciting, I know. After Koray arrives back from recruiting in London, we will head to Lake Abant for a few days. It should be good fun.

So, I am not sure how this blog will go, or if it will even go. It might just be me being campus crazy since we have had a couple days of snow-and Istanbul doesn't do well in snow, it looks pretty though-followed by a full day of rain, then a flooded bathroom, then sporadic electricity and then no internet. Plus, I have more time on my hands at the moment, so we will see once the semester is back in full swing.

Omer is trying to use a glue stick as chap stick, and Ali has a twinkle in his eye, so I will sign off. We will see if I get a chance to post again.

Until then, ciao.

I need a better title.

No comments:

Post a Comment