Friday, December 31, 2010

Reverb 10

In my morning perusing through foodie blogs over coffee, I came across an interesting writing opportunity called the #reverb 10 project. I only found it today, on the last day of the year, but it came at a good time.

I bent the rules a little and decided to pick one that spoke to me instead of answering the question of today. The is the one I chose: "Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?"

The word that would sum up my 2010 is without a doubt the word growth. The year 2010 offered up to me many opportunities for growth in the form of challenges and loss. This past year I decided to change my mindset and look at challenges as opportunities to grow. Now that the year is over, I feel a change deep within that really feels good, and solid.

As for this time next year, I hope that my word will still be growth, because life will always throw out challenges, and my new perspective is still a work in progess. So maybe it would be more apt to say that the word(s) I hope will define 2011 for me are continued growth.

Take a minute, even if you don't write it down, to think of your response to this question, or any of the other questions really. It is a good way to end the year, and start fresh with the new.

Happy New Year.




1 comment:

  1. Nice choices! Off the top of my morning head on this first day, I want my 2011 word to be "engagement".

    ReplyDelete